Sunday, November 22, 2009

I am thankful for lots of stuff....

Wow, it has been a seriously busy week! I've been thinking a lot every day about what I would post on my thankful list, but I just haven't had a chance to do it, so you're getting them all in one shot.

Wednesday -- I'm thankful for Cub Scouts! I'll be the first to admit that I was more than a little overwhelmed when I was called to be the Bear den leader, but I totally love it. I love the boys in our den and I get so bummed when they move on to Webelos. I have a ton of fun doing the activities with them and I also love the other leaders that I work with. I'm thankful, too, because it helps me prepare for when our boys are a little older.

Thursday -- I'm thankful for essential oils. I woke up sick a couple days ago and immediately started applying various oils to my feet and chest, and as a result I have had very minimal symptoms and haven't been out of commission. I've been able to help Josh, who is usually on breathing treatments by this time of the year, stay cough-free. I'm new to the whole essential oil thing, but I think they really are a gift from Heavenly Father, giving us a natural way to combat the ills that beset us.

On the flip side, I'm also thankful for medicine and doctors when we need them. Eliza had been a little sniffly throughout the day on Wednesday, then as the afternoon progressed she just got worse and worse. By about 4:30 she was running a fever and coughing so hard she could hardly catch her breath and was just generally miserable. (I was out cutting snowflake ornaments in the barn, so thank you Mom for being so on top of things!) I took her in to the Instacare and they said both her ears were really infected. She started on antibiotics and voile! She's already feeling much better -- fever gone, cough much better, and a much happier girl. I'm thankful that we have lots of different options when we or our little ones are sick.

Friday -- I'm thankful for bowling! Not just the game, but the league I bowl on every Friday morning and especially my wonderful teammates Glynis and Caroldean. We have so much fun and it's SO nice to get a little grown-up time in each week. I love that so many of my female family members -- Glynis and Caroldean (my aunts), my mom, my sister and sisters-in-law -- can hang out and bond together.

Saturday -- I'm thankful for date night. Last night (Friday) Dan and I went on a date and ate wonderful Thai food and saw a really great movie (The Blind Side), and it was so nice just to relax and enjoy each other's company. I'm thankful to have a hubby who is fun to be with and is such a looker to boot! :) Thanks, Dan, for taking me out and having such a fun "couple" time with me!

Sunday -- I'm thankful for my siblings. Family dinner is so fun when so many of us can be together, joking around and teasing each other. We always miss the ones who aren't with us. I'm thankful that, despite years of fighting and sibling rivalry, we grew up to be great friends who love to hang out together. I love you guys!

No comments: