Monday, October 13, 2008

Eliza's Baby Blessing!

We had such a wonderful day yesterday for Eliza's baby blessing. So many of our family and loved ones were able to join us, and it was just beautiful. Eliza really is a special little spirit, and I feel so blessed that we have her in our family.

Grandma Olive and Grandma Hill made the most beautiful blessing dress for Eliza. All the details were absolutely amazing. I am so grateful for all the love they put into it. Grandma Olive embroidered the names of all the women who helped with the dress into the slip of the dress, along with Eliza's name. They even let me sew on the buttons so I could be included, which I thought was very sweet. Sewing on buttons is just about my speed - even then I was kind of freaked out that I would do something to mess up the dress. She also had lovely, perfect little hand-made booties from Nana, a sweet little bracelet from Aunt Gae, and a big white flower headband from me. She is certainly a very much loved little girl! None of these photos do the beautiful dress and booties any justice, so I'm going to get the dress all washed and ironed again and get some really good pictures taken.

I'll also have more pictures to post after I get the pics my brother Eric took. He is a great photographer and was kind enough to take pictures of Eliza, our family, and Eliza and Amelia together! I can't wait to see those ones, especially! Amelia and Eliza are adorable together. Their hair might not be the same color, but the style is exactly the same! It's really quite entertaining!




The day was a little complicated by Dan and me being really sick. Poor Dan nearly passed out first thing in the morning while giving Richard (our soon-to-be brother-in-law) a blessing (there was a lot of ookiness going around), and I was really worried he wouldn't make it through Eliza's. But he had a beautiful blessing from his dad before we headed to church, and he was able to do a great job. I just have a yucky cold, which wouldn't be that big a deal, but there's not much I can take for it while breastfeeding. I was so congested I couldn't think straight. But seriously, I was feeling so happy and thankful for our wonderful family that I was a happy camper. I'm not gonna lie to ya, though -- I was very happy to drop into bed once we got home...

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I couldn't wait to see the pictures from her blessing as I knew you would post some...and they are wonderful! Eliza looked especially precious! How unique and special is it that they embroidered their names and her name into the slip of her dress?! What a really nice touch. Hope you all are feeling better soon! Take care.

Tonya said...

I couldn't wait to see the pictures from her blessing as I knew you would post some...and they are wonderful! Eliza looked especially precious! How unique and special is it that they embroidered their names and her name into the slip of her dress?! What a really nice touch. Hope you all are feeling better soon! Take care.

toby said...

Oh my goodness what a precious little angel! The dress is BEAUTIFUL and what adorable little booties! How special. So sad to have missed it. Love ya!