Saturday, August 9, 2008

Alpine Days!



Yay, Alpine Days! I've loved this yearly celebration since I was a kid and we came to the parade with the Bernards, and it's so fun to be able to share it with my kids now. And it was great fun that we got to spend time with Noah and the Neves kids, too!

Sammy and Joshy were both really excited about going to the parade, and when people started throwing candy, they thought they'd died and gone to heaven! But things got even better when they got to ride in the train advertising Aunt Jami's preschool. Mattie, Alaina, Donny, Mary, and Leslie were also riding the train. We saw Lizzy on a primary float, and Josh, Max, and James Bernards were awesome as part of the Bushi Ban demo. Uncle Victor was the announcer for the parade and did a great job -- he was really funny! Aunt Caroldean was the one who coordinated the whole parade, and it was great.

Afterwards we all went down to the park and the kids had a great time on the huge inflatables. They were also excited because they got pizza, snow cones, AND ice cream. And they shared a cookie at the MyComfort store later. I promise I don't usually let them eat so much junk! :) It was fun to hang out with Nana and Noah -- I love that Noah is getting big enough now to really start having fun with the Sammy and Joshy -- they just love him, and he has lots of fun with them, too!

P.S. Just a little update on the baby situation -- at my appointment yesterday I was already starting to make progress towards having this baby (I won't gross any guy readers out with specifics), so we're doing great! I've been having a lot of contractions, so things are moving along nicely!

No comments: